Friday, February 8, 2008

Piston LTD

Towards the end of 2007 Piston LTD released the CD "Domestic Engine" (Hecca/Division), and yes of course, a boat motor (Marna) is a central instrument here. This music is more relaxed than I feared/hoped for beforehand, and it's varied too. You even get a lot of pedal steel playing here, and several tracks have a taste of Brian Eno's Apollo music. According to Ballade the motor weighs 200 kg, has 1 cylinder and the horsepower is 5, and I am very happy to bring you this information. So far I have just borrowed the CD at the library, but these guys must have serious expenses just to keep the motor running, so I guess I'll support them with a CD of my own. The band is presented like this:
Jens Petter Nilsen - jump starts, cabling, grease and maintenance.
Hallvard W. Hagen - mechanics and hydropneumatic tank systems.
Erland Dahlen - pumps, power sprayers and centrifugal pump units.
Bjørn Charles Dreyer - plunger, power hosts and drainage point systems.

No comments: