Thursday, May 22, 2008

Richard Thompson, Bergen


Richard Thompson gave a fantastic solo concert in Bergen last night. Alone with his guitar he dished out a bunch of his best songs, and the guitar playing was just unbelievable! He was witty and sarcastic as ever, and kept it going for almost 2 hours. The audience justed loved it (this was during the Champions League final too!). I've seen Thompson live 6 or 7 times, and I believe this was one of the best shows (so far!).
Today I mix up some of the songs he sang, and the ones I was waiting for, but I'm pretty sure about these:

I want to see the bright lights
Crawl back under my stone
Valerie
God loves a drunk
A heart needs a home
Cooksferry Queen
Pharoah ("my paranoid song")
Genesis Hall
1952 Vincent Black Lightning
Beeswing
Walking the long miles home
Dad's gonna kill me
Johnny's far away
Walking on a wire
Persuasions
Sunset song

Added after comment on my Norwegian blog:
Why must I plead
I feel so good

No comments: