Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spunk live in Bergen





I own all their albums, but finally I got to hear Spunk live too! Unfortunately Hild Sofie Tafjord was not playing this evening, but Kristin Andersen (tp, fl), Lene Grenager (cello), Maja Solveig Kjelstrup Ratkje (voice, electronics) played an intense, improvised and fine concert!
Just as important (?) as the music was videos (from cameras attached to the musicians) and live drawing by Asbjørn Flø and Andreas Paleologos. I really enjoy watching videos at concerts!
Perfect sound (but not on my videos I'm afraid) by John Hegre.

I'm really  looking forward to hear Spunk with Joëlle Léandre at Moldejazz this summer, and please note that Rune Grammofon just released the Spunk video "Light",  from a commissioned work for the Henie Onstad Museum (Oslo)  in 2008. I have just had quick view, but it's looking good!

No comments: