Thursday, August 9, 2012

Celer - Machinefabriek


Video: Marco Douma

I have not been swimming at all this rainy summer, but these last days I have been bathing in ambient/electronica from Celer (Will Long) and Machinefabriek (Rutger Zuydervelt).

They both seem to have released a whole bunch of records, but I have to admit they are new to me.
I have checked out several of Celer´s albums, and like the floating and melancholic mood of the music, like on "Evaporate and wonder" and "Lightness and irresponsibility", and his use of samplings from movies (i believe!), as the Japanese chat on "Redness and perplexity".

To me, ambient music may last forever, when I´m in the mood, but Machinefabriek and Celer made it fit the 7" format too!
Get yourselves the beautiful "Hei"/"Sou", either the digital version or the limited vinyl edition (250 copies. It´s even on Soundcloud.

No comments: