Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Crying Light


Sometimes I wonder why I like Antony & The Johnson's music, because my first guess would be that this is not my kind of stuff. But as soon as Antony starts to sing, all doubt is gone, because he's got one of the most convincing voices on the market. I don't always get what it's about, but still it's just so good! The latest CD "The Crying Light" (Rough Trade 2009) is at least as good as the previous ones, and 15 March he's in Bergen to perform!
The cover is a portrait of the dancer Kazuo Ohno, taken by Naoya Ikegami.

You may watch a video of "Epilepsy is Dancing" at PitchFork, who also review the album. That video is a bit over the top, isn't it?

2 comments:

fractal said...

have a nice day
a friend from Greece

Anonymous said...

True. At first, I was sceptical too, but this is just an amazing record. Beautiful.