Friday, January 23, 2009

The Incredible String Band


I might make a fool of myself (old hippie!), but I just have to admit I liked The Incredible String Band when I was young. An article on the double CD "Tricks of the senses" (with "new" material) in Uncut (February 2009) made me find the old records. Believe it or not, but it is possible to travel back in time, and I remembered some of the feelings I had connected with this music. I'm not one to remember lyrics very well, but these ones I could sing along too. Some of the material is still quite alright (i guess I should point out that I'm down with the flu, and the fever might do tricks to my hearing, and the singalong wasn't that great).
Joe Boyd is preparing reissues of the original albums too, so the String Band revival is soon to come. Where were those sandals?

1 comment:

tom nihilist said...

Their song "First Girl I Loved", is one of my all time favorites!

Get well soon!