Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jitterbug


The power trio Bushman´s Revenge are at it again, with the album "Jitterbug" (Rune Grammofon 2010). I dropped by their previous album "You lost me at hello" (Rune Grammofon 2009) too, and said they were doing some kind of power-rock version of Scorch Trio (with a dash of Shining and Hendrix just before serving). I tried to be a bit fancy there, but now I´d say they are more of a standard power rock trio. Listen to "Damage Case" for instance, it almost had me head banging (almost!).
Most of the album rocks pretty good, and it all ends with the melancholic "Waltz for my good man". This time they nod to The Beatles with "While my guitar gently breaks".
The band members are Even Helte Hermansen (guitar), Rune Nergaard (bass) and Gard Nilssen (drums), and Ståle Storløkken plays organ on a couple of tunes.
Cover: Kim Hiorthøy.

These people better serve some hot stuff too, since they are named after a South African chili sauce.

No comments: