Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mathias Eick: Skala (ECM 2011)




Mathias Eick - Eksklusiv dokumentar from Morgendagens Helter on Vimeo.

One of these days (or was it yesterday? - I seem to find new dates on all the pages I visit!) ECM will release Mathias Eick´s new album "Skala".
Watching two very different videos, an office concert recorded by the Norwegian Broadcsting Co., and a slick Statoil (national oil company) produced documentary, might show you what to expect, and you may even read the full   press release (PDF)! It sounds like it is going to be more funky than Eick´s beautiful album "The Door" from 2008 (also on ECM).
The musicians on the album are  Mathias Eick (tp), Tore Brunborg (ts), Andreas Ulvo (p), Morten Qvenild (keyb), Audun Erlien (b), Gard Nilssen (dr), Torstein Lofthus (dr) and Sidsel Valstad (harp).

It´s no surprise I guess, but I´m quite sure I will buy this album.

No comments: