Monday, November 26, 2007

Hear Hear

Kevin Ayers: Joy of a Toy (1969)
Robert Wyatt: Rock Bottom (1975)
Brian Eno: Another Green World (1975)
John Cale: Paris 1919 (1973)
Richard and Linda Thompson: I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight (1974)
Scorch Trio: Luggumt (2004)
Thank God, I found all these records in The Guardians list of "1000 albums to hear before you die". I only did a quick search through the lists, and found a lot of good stuff (of course!), even if I miss some favourites and feel the selected albums of some artists are quite different from my choices (see Frank Zappa!). I'm glad to find June Tabor, Holger Czukay and Captain Beefheart , but there are no Slapp Happy, Henry Cow, Ivor Cutler or Peter Blegvad. Well it's soon christmas and end of the year, and there will be more lists!

No comments: