Sunday, December 9, 2007

Half the time

Mark Hewins sent me a nice mail and the song "Half the time" that he composed with Robert Wyatt and Hugh Hopper. The song is not on record (probably), but according to Calyx there is a version on a cassette from 1992: "CANTERESQUE COMPILATION - Volume 1 : 1976-86, 1992 (Musart) [tape], with the band Music Doctors (Mark Hewins (g/voc/pc) - Elton Dean saxello) - Johnny Oslo (kb/voc)- Hugh Hopper (b).
Mark Hewins says he and Robert Wyatt wrote the lysrics ( he guarantees that R.W: wrote the line "Half the time its pantomime, Half the time its only make believe"), while Hugh Hopper made most of the music. Since I don't read music, please record this one somebody, and I wouldn't mind R.W. singing. Click on picture to enlarge!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have a beautiful unreleased version of "Half the Time" by Canterbury Family (Allen, Cutler, Hewins, Hopper) sung by Daevid Allen from Tokyo 1999-06-24 show.

let me have your mail address and I'll get in touch if you're interested.