Thursday, April 22, 2010

Look to Norway for festivals


You always have my festival links in the blog, but here is a guide for you, if you have plans to visit Norway this spring and summer. No more volcanic ash please!
- Bergenfest 28/4 - 2/5. JI´ll see Jaga Jazzist and The Residents!
- Maijazz in Stavanger 4/5 - 9/5.
- Bergen International Festival will let loose their Nordic Impulses (picture) 26/5 - 9/6. I have only got tickets for Philip Glass and a children´s opera with music by Maja Ratkje.
- Nattjazz (Bergen) 26/5 - 5/6. I´ve singled out Stian Westerhus here.
- Kongsberg Jazzfestival 7/7 - 10/7.
- Moldejazz (19. - 24. juli) I sure want to see Hairy Bones ( Brötzmann, Nilssen-Love, Kondo, Pupillo) , Wiik/Vandermark/Taylor, Puma, The Core and Sidsel Endresen & Stian Westerhus, but Herbie Hancock, Jeff Beck, Sonny Rollins and Missy Elliot are also coming. This is the 50th festival in Molde! More artists will be official soon, but let me be first with Paal-Nilssen Love and Peter Brötzmann playing a duo konsert at Reknes! I´ll be there!

I´ll be back with some autumn festivals later.

No comments: