Monday, August 30, 2010

Supersilent 10

Supersilent is as silent as they can be (I believe) on Supersilent 10 (Rune Grammofon)! While Helge Sten, Ståle Storløkken and Arve Henriksen all played organ on Supersilent 9, they have found their old instruments here, and even an acoustic piano!
10:3, one of the longest tracks (6 minutes), make my try to decide which old ECM album this one might have been on. On 10:5 they really fire up the electronics, and the fantastic 10:8 (the tracks are just numbered, sorry) would fit on any Arve Henriksen solo album too.
A beautiful album indeed!


The band is playing at the Punkt festival in Kristiansand this week, and I sure hope the good people at Henie Onstad will upload some videos from the concert with Motorpsycho´s Hans Magnus Ryan held 29 August.

But, I´m starting to get a bit fed up by the Supersilent covers, I have to tell you that (and I do like Kim Hiorthøy!). When i buy CDs and vinyl albums, it would be nice to get some more info, or at least be able to read the few words printed. Hey, some of us are getting old here!

No comments: