Monday, July 14, 2008

Marilyn Mazur


The opening concert of the Molde International Jazz Festival is over. Artist in residence, Marilyn Mazur (dr, perc), hand picked Eivind Aarset (g), Nils Petter Molvær (tp) and Dhafer Youssef (oud, voc) for this concert. Relaxed and beautiful pieces mixed with heavy rock and world and jazz. The lights and the sound were perfect, and even if I heard some people complain about the sound level, I observed people sleeping in the concert hall. And this is the first day of the festival! Me? I think it was great!

Molde is a small town (around 24000 inhabitants) in Norway, but the festival visistors increase the number of people more than 5 times for one week. Today I watched the parade, and even visited a class at the "Festival Academy". Today's topic: "Local jazz history". I sneaked out before the tests were handed out.

No comments: