Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Top 15


I have read "Best of 2011"- lists until my ears have grown big and wet these last weeks.
And yes, I´m making a list too! The best? I really don´t know, having listened to just a small fraction of the total number of releases.
But check out my chosen 15, for a better life.

1982: "Pintura" (Hubro)
Alog: "Unemployed" (Rune)
Sigbjørn Apeland: "Glassolalia" (Hubro)
Kaboom Karavan: "Barra Barra" (Miasmah)
Nils Petter Molvær: "Baboon Moon" (Sula)

Poing: "Wach Auf!" (Øra)
Matana Roberts: "Coin Coin. Chapter One" (Constellation)
Conrad Schnitzler: "Hirschgebrüll" (Fysisk Format)
Splashgirl: "Pressure" (Hubro)
June Tabor: "Ashore" (Topic)

Richard Thompson: "Live at the BBC" (UMC)
The Unthanks: "The Songs of Robert Wyatt and Antony & The Johnsons" (Rabble Rouser)
Chris Watson: "El Tren Fantasma" (Touch)
Æthenor: "En Form for Blå" (VHF)
Nils Økland and Sigbjørn Apeland: "Lysøen: Hommage à Ole Bull" (ECM)

No comments: